Right Boot . . . Got It!

Right Boot . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . zing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Got It!

I'm a guy pushing 40 who loves movies, sports, TV, books, music, video games and comic books (basically all things entertainment). The posts will likely be random ramblings of entertainment stuff I enjoy, some 70s, a lot of 80s, the 90s and today, all very likely smothered with a heavy dose of cheese. Kind of like an easy listening blog station. Oh yeah, and a lot of bad or unfortunate names.

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS BEST VIEWED USING THE MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER. EXPLORER WILL SOMETIMES NOT LOAD PROPERLY.


Munson1

Munson1
I'm going to do my best not to Munson this blog.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Help Me, Al Gore, You're My Only Hope

An open request to Mr. Albert Gore, former Vice President:
Mr. Gore, given your environmentally conscience attitude and your need to do something for the environment, not to mention your extreme hippieness, could you turn your laser like attention to a scourge on the environment called the automatic flush toilet? My experience during my morning constitutional made me wonder how much water this thing wastes:
Open the door to stall = 1 flush
Clean and line seat = 3 flushes
Doing business and paperwork = 3 flushes
Then, it didn’t flush when I left the stall (the one time I really needed it to) so I had to manually flush it (thus negating the “sanitary” need for the auto flush) = 1 flush
Total = 8 flushes*
*From my actual experience this morning, other experiences may vary.
8 flushes x approximately 3.4 gallons per flush (what I found to be the “average” gallons per flush) = 27.2 gallons of water literally “down the drain.”
I probably would have flushed 2 times (one at beginning - OCD related issue & once at end), with a waste of 20.4 gallons of water from my ONE trip to the restroom.
This doesn’t even take into account the fact that it splashes water on the toilet seat cover and my butt. Also, it greatly adds to my stress level in that it drives me crazy that it does this every time. I usually cover the sensor, but forgot something to use this morning. Please Mr. Gore, do something about this, you’re my only hope.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Makes my face hurt it's so funny! You are not right...but I think you already know that. BTW...what is with the "guy in his upper 30's" bit? How close is close anyway?!?

BoDerickus said...

Hey, cut me some slack. So, upper, upper 30's. You happy now?