Right Boot . . . Got It!

Right Boot . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . zing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Got It!

I'm a guy pushing 40 who loves movies, sports, TV, books, music, video games and comic books (basically all things entertainment). The posts will likely be random ramblings of entertainment stuff I enjoy, some 70s, a lot of 80s, the 90s and today, all very likely smothered with a heavy dose of cheese. Kind of like an easy listening blog station. Oh yeah, and a lot of bad or unfortunate names.

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS BEST VIEWED USING THE MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER. EXPLORER WILL SOMETIMES NOT LOAD PROPERLY.


Munson1

Munson1
I'm going to do my best not to Munson this blog.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Vacaciones de Primavera en DFW

The official family of BoDerickus just spent a few days in Dallas-Ft. Worth for spring break. Tiring but fun. One thing I guess I knew, but never thought much about is the huge Hispanic population in DFW. Flipping through the channels, I think I came across about 27 Hispanic language channels.  Back home I think I have 2, so I've really got to put some work into it to "happen" across one of these crazy channels. I have watched these channels before, especially when I want to bother my brother-in-law, the bald hippie.  But never to the level as I have the last few days. BoDerickus speaks muy poco Espanol, so I had no idea what was going on most of the time.

Here is what I think was happening:
  • Is this guy longing or disgusted? 
  • I really need to brush up on my Spanish


Teresa: Muy Pronto - From what I can tell, Teresa spends every episode looking longingly at men and menacingly at women. Everyone seems to look either longingly or disgusted at Teresa. Also, Spanish language TV appears to like lots of slapping. 

Mas Futbol - It appears guys that are filmed from a great distance kick this round ball up and down a large field and every once in awhile it accidentally goes into a big net. Oh yeah, and people fall down a lot.


Quien Tiene la Razon - This is a Spanish language "Jerry Springer" with a female host that is uglier than Jerry in a dress. Also, what I said before about the slapping goes double for this show. By the way, don't type "Jerry Springer in a dress" in to Google images unless you want to get one of the weirdest collection of pictures you could imagine. 

There also seem to be about 237 Spanish language radio stations.  There appear to be 4 kinds of radio stations in DFW: Mariachi, Salsa, Country, and Spanish language Country.  

Why, this isn't confusing at all, thanks DFW!

I live and drive every day in a city, but Dallas-Ft. Worth is a City. There are so many roads here it is crazy. Also, there doesn't seem to be reason to the layout of these roads. Everything looks the same and there seem to be 20 roads going off in all directions constantly.  I've driven a number of times in NYC, which is much larger and was not nearly as confused as I was driving in this place. I have never made more wrong turns than in Dallas. 

No comments: