Right Boot . . . Got It!

Right Boot . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . zing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Got It!

I'm a guy pushing 40 who loves movies, sports, TV, books, music, video games and comic books (basically all things entertainment). The posts will likely be random ramblings of entertainment stuff I enjoy, some 70s, a lot of 80s, the 90s and today, all very likely smothered with a heavy dose of cheese. Kind of like an easy listening blog station. Oh yeah, and a lot of bad or unfortunate names.

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS BEST VIEWED USING THE MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER. EXPLORER WILL SOMETIMES NOT LOAD PROPERLY.


Munson1

Munson1
I'm going to do my best not to Munson this blog.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's Been Awhile

I've been busy, way to busy to (attempt to) be funny. I've been doing things law-way.  Just like Star Jones, I am a lawyer, and, as a lawyer, sometimes you have to do a bit of research. Inevitably, at times you come across some crazy/funny stuff. Take a look at the main point in this case from 1834.

Fisk v. Townsend, Tenn.,1834
A promise made, whilst sober, by an habitual drunkard to a physician, that he would pay him one hundred dollars, in consideration of which the physician promised and undertook to cure him of his appetite for ardent spirits, is binding.

Andy, I ain't got $100; take Bessie here instead.

That is beautiful. Seems they had rehab way back in 1834 and Otis decided he didn't want to pay for that rehab. Just reading this gets my appetite whetted for some ardent spirits.  

No comments: