Right Boot . . . Got It!

Right Boot . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . zing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Got It!

I'm a guy pushing 40 who loves movies, sports, TV, books, music, video games and comic books (basically all things entertainment). The posts will likely be random ramblings of entertainment stuff I enjoy, some 70s, a lot of 80s, the 90s and today, all very likely smothered with a heavy dose of cheese. Kind of like an easy listening blog station. Oh yeah, and a lot of bad or unfortunate names.

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS BEST VIEWED USING THE MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER. EXPLORER WILL SOMETIMES NOT LOAD PROPERLY.


Munson1

Munson1
I'm going to do my best not to Munson this blog.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BoDerickus' BNOD

Earlier this week, as I was getting ready for work, I had on one of those morning shows (Today, I think) and during the weather, there was a girl in the background holding a sign that said “My boyfriend’s name is Mason Dixon.” They asked her about it and she said that her boyfriend’s name was really Mason Dixon and they were from Alabama (imagine that!). Also, I learned on this show that Michael Jackson is still dead.

That leads me to give you the all-Redneck version of BoDerickus’ BNOD:

Mason Dixon seems to be a popular southern name, it can be a first and last name and a first and middle name. There is no end to the ingenuity of the redneck and their pride of living in the south. My favorite find was from Alabama:

Jaydasen McKinlee Jones and Mason Dixon Jones, or as I read on to find, little Jayda and MayMay.

I cannot get over the Mason Dixon thing, do parents think it’s funny? There were many examples of this. I feel the scene went something like this (think of Holly Hunter’s accent from Raising Arizona): Bubba, I really luve this baybe we gonna have soon. It needs a good strong, God-fearin’ southern name. I got it, we gonna name him Mason Dixon, it don’t get any stronger than that. That’s awesome, Britanni, you’re so smart, let’s get hitched. Whoohoo! Call your cousins Bubba and JoJo, and we got to find someone to watch Jayda while we go to tha casinas for our honeymoon. End of scene.

Others:

Jim Bob Cooter – Backup QB for the University of TN (2002-2005) – If you’re last name is Cooter, why, oh why, do you name your kid Jim Bob? Isn’t Cooter enough?

And to prove that rednecks are everywhere, from the birth announcements of St. Joseph’s hospital in Bellingham, WA. Last name not provided, so I’m inserting Smith:

Tryce Tre Smith (3/09) – I’m thinking this was the couples third child, he joins brother Duece Duo and sister Numero Uno.

No comments: