Right Boot . . . Got It!

Right Boot . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . zing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Got It!

I'm a guy pushing 40 who loves movies, sports, TV, books, music, video games and comic books (basically all things entertainment). The posts will likely be random ramblings of entertainment stuff I enjoy, some 70s, a lot of 80s, the 90s and today, all very likely smothered with a heavy dose of cheese. Kind of like an easy listening blog station. Oh yeah, and a lot of bad or unfortunate names.

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS BEST VIEWED USING THE MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER. EXPLORER WILL SOMETIMES NOT LOAD PROPERLY.


Munson1

Munson1
I'm going to do my best not to Munson this blog.

Monday, April 5, 2010

BJ and the Bear

After babysitting a monkey, 
I'll be ready for My Two Dads!
I cannot stop without commenting more on BJ and the Bear. I remember loving this show. It had a craptastic theme song (sadly, I believe I can sing every word): "He just keeps on moving, ladies keep improving, every day is better than . . . . the . . . . LAST. Places new and ladies too, I'm B.J. McKay and this is my best friend Bear." That is pure poetry, people. 

One thing I didn't know, the premise had BJ as a Vietnam vet whose life was saved by the monkey in Vietnam, then he brought the monkey back to America, named it Bear after yes, Bear Bryant, bought a truck and hit the highway (with his best friend Bear, of course). That is some serious back story!

Also, it's pretty amazing that this show had a spin-off, the even crappier "Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo" or just "Lobo." However, by this time it was the 80s, so that story is for a different post.

No comments: