Right Boot . . . Got It!

Right Boot . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . zing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Got It!

I'm a guy pushing 40 who loves movies, sports, TV, books, music, video games and comic books (basically all things entertainment). The posts will likely be random ramblings of entertainment stuff I enjoy, some 70s, a lot of 80s, the 90s and today, all very likely smothered with a heavy dose of cheese. Kind of like an easy listening blog station. Oh yeah, and a lot of bad or unfortunate names.

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS BEST VIEWED USING THE MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER. EXPLORER WILL SOMETIMES NOT LOAD PROPERLY.


Munson1

Munson1
I'm going to do my best not to Munson this blog.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wait, Is That Wild Thing I Hear?

This morning I saw the trailer for Furry Vengeance, the new movie starring Brendan Fraser and a bunch of animals.  Two thoughts:

I'm going to wear a loin cloth in George of the Jungle too?
Brendan Fraser is my generation's Christopher Walken (although we are still enjoying the great Walken).  The reason that I say that is it is pretty obvious that, like Walken, he will take any role and, thankfully, seems to be in on the joke. Walken is 67 and has been in 110 movies/shows.  Fraser is 42 and has been in 51 movies. I say there's a good chance Fraser catches him (although, I'm not sure he could ever beat Walken's performance in Balls of Steel - and by beat, I mean be as cheesy). 

Let's look at Fraser's first big break(s) in 1992: He had the lead role in School Ties (also starring Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Chris O'Donnell), a serious movie about a Jewish boy at an elite prep school in the 1950's who hides the fact that he is Jewish to fit in. That same year, he also starred in Encino Man as a caveman who is thawed out in modern day California. It is an extraordinarily goofy movie also starring Pauly Shore and Sean Astin (who'll always be Rudy!).  

He's done big budget action movies like "The Mummy."  He's done small indie movies like "Gods and Monsters."  But his bread and butter seems to be stupid movies and his process for picking movies seems to be as follows:
Agent: I've got a movie for you Brendan, you will star as a guy wanting to raze a forest and erect condos.  
BF: Sounds good, what will I get paid?
Agent: Brendan, now, just know you will be acting against kids and animals; you also get hit in the balls a lot and dragged around in a port-o-potty.  
BF: Money?
Agent: $5 million dollars
BF: Done, I'll even let them paint me blue for that.

Dang, that DeNiro is funny!

Also, he gave us the most goofy clap of all time. Click on picture for one of the funniest 4 seconds ever.








The second thing is this:
Tone Loc, the duel threat actor/rapper from the late 80's / early 90's, must love any movie that has animals.

Where's the love for Funky Cold Medina?
The reason is simple: any time there is a movie about animals, or even a movie with a scene where an animal acts "crazy," Tone Loc's Wild Thing is sure to be playing in the trailer/scene.  It's a given. I have seen a lot of movies over the last 20 years and whenever there is an animal acting crazy, rest assured that "Wild Thing" is the song playing.  Now, if only Hollywood would make more movies about plying women with cheap malt liquor so you could get "friendly" with them, Tone Loc's only other hit could get some more play time. 

 


Oh, and I am sure I will have to see Furry Vengeance with Bean, the official daughter of BoDerickus, even though the thought of it makes me cringe.  I have seen just about every kids movie for the last 10 years. Bad movies? Heck yes, I'm in.  Bad kid's movies? I'd rather be having a picnic on top of a fire ant hill. The sad thing is I've got at least 10 more years to go with Bo, Jr., the official son of BoDerickus

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious! my only beef - fraser could never be as great (and by great, i mean hilarious) as walken. although the clap comes close...

Anonymous said...

Isn't the Walken movie "Balls of Fury"?

The Bald Hippie

BoDerickus said...

Oh yeah, Balls of Fury, sometimes even the great ones make mistakes.