Right Boot . . . Got It!

Right Boot . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . zing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Got It!

I'm a guy pushing 40 who loves movies, sports, TV, books, music, video games and comic books (basically all things entertainment). The posts will likely be random ramblings of entertainment stuff I enjoy, some 70s, a lot of 80s, the 90s and today, all very likely smothered with a heavy dose of cheese. Kind of like an easy listening blog station. Oh yeah, and a lot of bad or unfortunate names.

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS BEST VIEWED USING THE MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER. EXPLORER WILL SOMETIMES NOT LOAD PROPERLY.


Munson1

Munson1
I'm going to do my best not to Munson this blog.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cooler Than Starsky's Gran Torino

Today, I’m going with a 70's entertainment theme.  If there is one thing I know more about than the law, it’s useless entertainment trivia. If I had a nickel for every tidbit of useless entertainment knowledge I possess, well, let’s just say I could play a mean game of quarters while rocking out to some Bad Company. 

Reunited? There have been 6 Peaches, 
but there can be only one Herb.
The 70’s certainly were a strange time for entertainment.  For every Roots, you had a BJ and the Bear. For every Jimi Hendrix, you had a Peaches and Herb. You say, what about The Godfather? I say, what about Night of the Lupus (where giant, killer rabbits go on a rampage)? If you think movie execs like to destroy the world/people now, the 70’s gave us destruction by (to name a few): rabbits, frogs, killer bees (multiple times), babies, computers, zombies/mutants, rats, Godzilla (and his pals), virus, spiders, and, of course, killer tomatoes.  Also there were sinking ships, floods, hurricane, earthquakes, meteors, burning skyscrapers, zeppelin disasters and death by roller coaster.

I, however, will definitively state that 1970’s entertainment was simultaneously 100% bad and 100% awesome.  Need proof, you say? OK: All-Star Family Feud Specials.  

Holy crap, Isaac is cool. 
ReRun needs to be "rethinking" that Thinker pose.
And, is Raj doing the robot?
For such a silly show, why is this pose so serious?
Why, Mrs. Kot-ter, nice assets.

This last one kills me, who are the two guys towards the right of the picture? I recognize the wife, principal and Horseshack, but they must have been scraping the bottom to fill out the team. And what was Gabe Kaplan doing that he was too busy for this? In addition to Gabe, there's no Travolta, we didn't even get Epstein or Washington. Travolta I can understand, he was pretty hot by now, but what were the rest of these hacks doing? All we got were an Epstein look-alike and a Ted McGinley clone, before there was a Ted McGinley.


By the way, wouldn’t it be funny if Fantasy Island was on this show? You would have Mr. Rourke, Tatoo, the guy who drove the extended golf cart, the girl who brought drinks to the guests, and . . . I’m out of suggestions. Not to mention the pile of phone books Tatoo would have to stand on to be able to see over the podium. Good answer, boss!

And, finally, yes, I know the words to all the theme songs represented above, except of course What’s Happening, which had no words, but I could hum that one.

No comments: